Hall Green Baptist Church is committed to supporting Restore. This is part of Birmingham as a City of Sanctuary to help these in need. Those who attend services and meetings within the Church are asked to bring clothes and food on the first Sunday of the month. These goods are then gathered together and taken to the RESTORE collection point at St Chad’s Cathedral and shared by the Salvation Army.
The goods requested are as follows:-
- DRIED: RICE! RICE! RICE!
- TINNED: FISH in oil – tuna, sardines etc (not tomato sauce please, wrong sauce!)
- TINNED: TOMATOES! TOMATOES! TOMATOES! Fruit, vegetables, no baked beans (wrong tomato sauce), rice puddings.
- OLIVEOIL! OLIVE OIL! VEGETABLE OIL!
- SUGAR, TES UHT milk, digestive biscuits.
- TOILETRIES: Toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, deodorants, shampoo, tissues, toilet rolls.
Female: creams, sanitar6y waer, brishes and combs, face cloths, socks.
Male: shaving cream, disposable razors, socks.
* Recycled small screw top water bottles, recycled shopping bags.
* BABIES/TODDLERS: Nappies; all sizes/especially size 4, creams, baby shampoos, talcs, bibs, knitted cot blankets, socks, coatees.